The SEIU’s Insidious Tentacles continue to infiltrate government and politics at the expense of its own rank and file without attracting national media attention. Interestingly enough the mainstream media will not peek beneath the covers and investigate reports by employees and employers, such as those detailed in The Devil at My Doorstep, who have been abused by the SEIU’s ruthless tactics and/or the reports of corrupt political connections , government infiltration and pay-to-play ties to the current administration. Several interesting stories have surfaced during the past month, yet not one has received the national attention it deserves through investigative journalism by the national mainstream media.
Among the events:
1. ) On November 10, 2011 a Washington Examiner article reported on SEIU activities in Michigan, a state desperately attempting to pass a RTW bill to stop big labor from usurping employee rights and money, involving the SEIU’s infiltration of state government and how the SEIU Siphons ‘Dues’ from Mich. Medicaid Payments.
2. ) On November 16, Michelle Malkin revealed that former SEIU President Andy Stern utilized his membership on the board for a California pharmaceutical company to facilitate a half billion dollar drug deal for the company. See the article: Obama’s Half-Million-Dollar Crony Drug Deal; Related non-shocker: SEIU endorses Obama.
3. ) That same day, November 16, 2011, SEIU came out in support of President Obama for the 2012 election as seen in the article Endorsing Obama, SEIU Says President for 99%.
4. ) On November 19, 2011, “Mariam the Mighty” and her group of fellow disgruntled SEIU members in California staged an anti-rally against the SEIU during its support of Occupy Sacramento.
For more information, reference the following videos and images: Occupy Sacramento Protestors March to Governor Brown’s Home and Audit SEIU.
Mariam and her fellow members are obviously tired of the SEIU and its abuse of members’ dues. In fact, this past week Mariam Noujaim commented on The Devil at My Doorstep’s blog, Right to Work: A Basic American Freedom, “Many Union Members are not happy with their organization, but feel powerless to do anything. Let’s spread the word to demand transparency. The more their books and finances are exposed the less popular amongst their own members their officers will be. Slowly but surely we can return the Labor Unions to their Members.” Please review Occupy SEIU and the SEIU Watch for more detail on Mariam and her supporter’s initiative to finally see the SEIU Exposed.
5. ) On November 30, 2011, the National Labor Relations Board (see the Rogue NLRB) led by radical former SEIU attorney Craig Becker attempted to achieve EFCA Through the Backdoor as detailed in The Cold War Within: The Fight for America’s Future. Following through on the Obama labor agenda, the Board took a critical step to benefit labor unions by approving a proposed rule to shorten election times, and minimizing the opportunity for companies to fully educate its employees and to communicate any opposition to unionization of the employees.
6. ) On December 1, 2011 Andy Stern published an article in the Wall Street Journal in support of President Obama and his economic vision by praising China’s Superior Economic Model, the very type economy President Obama is intent on imposing on the United States.
7. ) On December 7, 2011 it was reported that former Illinois governor Rod Blagojovich was sentenced to fourteen years in jail, as he took a fall for his President. See SEIU Corruption Nets Blago 14 Years.
8.) Finally, on Thursday December 8, 2011 an article appeared exposing that the governor of the state of Connecticut has acted through the implementation of Executive Orders to force unionize day care providers (See CT Gov Schemes With SEIU To Unionize Day Care Providers & Others Without A Vote).
The preceding stories, which occurred in the short span of 28 days and collectively have major implications to employees, employers, the government, politics, and the future of this great country, are just the tip of the iceberg in the ongoing SEIU saga. Why is there such a lack of exposure by the national mainstream media, when corruption involving the SEIU, an organization that is closely tied to the president, seems so apparent? Why is the SEIU allowed to fly below the radar, while organizations and businesses with less notoriety are persecuted in the national media? Is it because the mainstream media philosophically agrees with the SEIU’s tactics? Are they afraid of the SEIU’s tactics? Could both be factors? When Will the Main Stream Media Wake Up and expose that the reality of the SEIU’s continued Persuasion of Power is all about Union Power for Thee, But Not for Me.
About the author: David A. Bego is the President and CEO of EMS, an industry leader in the field of environmental workplace maintenance, employing nearly 5000 workers in thirty-three states. Bego is the author of “The Devil at My Doorstep,” based on his experiences fighting back against one of the most powerful unions in existence today.